We know that Australia lives in a time of massive junk food advertisement. That somehow indirectly controls our subconscious on making our daily diet decision. And with the recent statistics published by Australian Health Survey, has the following facts:
In 2014-15, 63.4% of Australians aged 18 years and over were overweight or obese (11.2 million people), comprised of 35.5% overweight (6.3 million people) and 27.9% obese (4.9 million people). A further 35.0% were of normal weight and 1.6% were underweight.
The bad news: majority of Australians FAIL to overcome and fight obesity problem. because of;
- Restrictive dieting and excessive exercise without any plan.
- The “now”mindset, We start weight loss plans on the first of the month, and we expect results: now.
- Excess boozing, undermining the amount of sugar inside and it’s overall impact on being overweight.
- Confused between eating less sugar or more protein or the so many diet plans on the market that leads to a clash.
- The belief by overweight people that thinner people are genetically lucky and can eat whatever they want, WRONG.
The good news: a new group of Australians are acting POSITIVE and had an actual change to a better healthy sexy body.
We would like to discuss in details why and how. And help everyone reading this to get motivated and know that it’s fairly easy to kill a bad habit and have a major change in short period of time “but not instantly!”
Before jumping into recent strategies that had success stories with Aussies. We would like to share with you, to know how much are you overweight? That’s why this graph will be an easy guide to know which point are you currently at:
Draw a line across from your height without shoes in centimetres and a line straight up from your weight in kg with light clothes but no shoes.
The point where these two lines cross will land in a BMI range. Your weight will be classified as ‘underweight’ (less than your healthiest weight), ‘normal’ (healthiest weight), ‘overweight’ (above your healthiest weight and at greater risk of some health problems) or ‘obese’ (significantly above your healthiest weight and at greatest risk of health problems).
5 Habits That successful Australians managed to lose weight with:
- Exercising consistently for at least an hour a day (equivalent to walking 45 km a week) without taking time off for weekends and holidays.
- Turning off the TV, slowing down and savouring food, we can enjoy food more, be more in touch with how hungry or satisfied we are and eat less.
- Going for higher protein and lower glycaemic index weight maintenance diet, combined with high-intensity physical activity, this had a tremendous impact on the strength of the Famine Reaction – where your body fights hard to keep the weight on. (source)
- Drinking water. They Stopped drinking soda and foofy drinks. Substitute frappucinos with an espresso or a black coffee.
- Enhanced their appetite suppression with supplements like PhenQ To motivate them to keep going and gain more focus on burning fats. Check What is it and how can it boost your weight loss 3x on this video
Here is the First thing to do if Obese or Overweight:
Before jumping into the instant things that you should do if find yourself in the obese or overweight criteria (based on the chart), I would like to give you how to fail first:
Restrict your diet! Quit eating things you crave! Work out harder! No pain, no gain! YOU MUST SUFFER!
This would be our advice to fail and still be in the obesity criteria. Here is our advice if you actually want to lose weight and have a legit action plan:
Small change is everything!!
If you drink 6 sodas/beers a day, can you drink 3 and 3 water?
If you skip breakfast and go for late dinner, could you move a little food earlier in the day?
At the end of the month, you’ll manage to feel happy about yourself losing maybe one or two kilos (which is not much) but something accomplished bigger than kilos, Changing the habit and gaining new healthy ones.
Time to Get Serious and Move To The Next Level!
If you are already reading this, you are serious enough! Nobody can give you a suitable action plan to get rid of fats and be obese free except yourself.
Simply because you are aware of yourself and your daily schedule. It’s all about the concept and not a self-help guide.
As the only self-help is you helping yourself through writing down what you need to do from this moment and acting seriously about your body’s health.
Some people prefer to write a little bit more detailed plan on their daily schedule like this:
Some people actually gained weight during their plan, but here are their thoughts during their weight loss journey;
As For Diet: Low Carb Diet Vs Low Fat Diet. Which Do We Recommend?
In 2007, the Journal of the American Medical Association published a detailed study. Four different, popular weight plans were compared in a head to head trial. There was one clear winner – the low carb diet. As shown in the figure below;
In simple word this is why low carb diet benefits and plays a major role in the weight loss process;
Low carb diet is obvious through it’s name and you don’t have to restrict yourself to a certain menu. It’s all about to what your preference of food craving but more protein, more fat and less carb. Here is an example of one of the delicious low carb week plan:
At the end we would like to share this quote by the inspiring Dr. Oz;
We don’t walk. We overeat because we’ve made it easy to overeat. We have fast-food joints on every corner. By the way, the ‘we’ is all of us. It’s not the government. It’s all of us doing this together.